No Objection Certificate
No Objection Certificate: A vehicle transfer from one state to another necessitates legal documents and paperwork called it No Objection Certificate. Every state and union territory has a local RTO that regulates guidelines and manages car transfers. You are not obliged to file for an address change and re-registration if you are traveling to another state/UT for less than three months. When transferring to another state or union territory for more than a year, you must acquire an NOC from your local RTO for vehicle re-registration.
What is a No Objection Certificate (NOC)?
A No Objection Certificate (NOC) is a legal document provided by the regional RTO to allow a vehicle to be re-registered from one state to another. An NOC is a necessary document that certifies that there are no tax dues on the vehicle. If you are traveling to another state for less than three months and intend to bring your vehicle, you do not need an NOC. When moving to another state for more than a year, you must file for a change of address and re-registration, according to the regulations. An NOC from the local R.T.O. where you registered your car is required for the application for change of residence and re-registration.
Highlights of NO Objection Certificate
|No Objection Certificate (NOC)||A legal document is required for vehicle re-registration when transferring from one state to another. Certifies no tax dues on the vehicle. Validity: 6 months.|
|NOC Validity||6 months|
|NOC Application Cost||Rs.100|
|NOC Processing Time||Up to three business days|
|Documents for NOC Application||Registration certificate, insurance certificate, fitness certificate, permit emission test certificate, pencil print of the chassis number, financier consent on CMV|
|Applying for NOC||– Car owner must visit local RTO in person – Submit application and required documents – Pay Rs.100 fee – RTO checks for outstanding dues or criminal cases involving the car|
|Exception for Address Change||If traveling to another state/UT for less than three months, no need for an address change and re-registration|
|NOC Requirement for Vehicle Sale||Needed when selling a vehicle to someone planning to take it to another state or union territory|
|NOC and Interstate Car Transfers||Required for interstate automobile transfers and when moving to another state for more than a year|
How Much Validity Need For NOC?
The NOC is required not only when transporting a car from one state to another, but also when selling a vehicle to someone who plans to take it to another state or union territory. In India, interstate automobile transfers can be a little tricky. There are numerous agencies and automobile transportation companies that may provide you with additional information. An NOC is only valid for six months. Once the NOC has expired, you will be unable to provide it for re-registration. Within six months, you must submit the NOC and other required documentation to the local RTO of the state to which you are relocating.
How to apply for an NOC certificate?
- The car owner must go to the local RTO in person to submit the application for the NOC.
- If there are no outstanding dues or DSA cases against the car, a clearance receipt and a No Objection Certificate are provided.
- The RTO will issue the NOC Certificate in three business days.
- The completed CMV 28 form, along with numerous necessary papers, must be provided.
- A payment of Rs.100 is required for the NOC application.
- Following the submission of the application, the RTO will get a vehicle report from the Police authority to determine whether the vehicle is engaged in any criminal case or stolen.
|PMO Homepage||Click Here|
FAQs – No Objection Certificate
How long does a No Objection Certificate (NOC) last?
- A No Objection Certificate (NOC) is good for six months.
What is the cost of submitting a NOC application?
- A fee of Rs.100 is required to file a NOC application.
In how many days can I expect the RTO to give the No Objection Certificate?
- The RTO may take up to three days to provide the No Objection Certificate.
What documents must be submitted along with the NOC application?
- Registration certificate, insurance certificate, fitness certificate, permit emission test certificate, pencil print of the chassis number, financier consent on CMV